- Lightly sprinkle water on the bare soil as you install your new sod. This will cool the soil providing a better environment for new, tender roots of the sod.
- Using a hose, water each piece of sod within 15 minutes of being laid on the soil.
- Give your new sod one inch of water within 1/2 hour of completed installations. When finished, the sod should be “squishy wet.” This is the only time you will water the sod making it “squishy wet.”
- Water your new sod 2-3 times during the hottest part of the day for the first two weeks. Short, frequent waterings are best, 5-20 minutes on each cycle.
- Keep your new sod moist but do not soak. Water as needed to maintain adequate moisture. New sod establishment depending on weather, temperatures, etc.
- Change your sprinkler timer according to the demands of your lawn, and the environment. Common factors are: wind, rain, sunlight, shade and reflected light.